From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: USE flags in virtuals, to allow a specific provider to be determined
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 09:05:21
1 Michał Górny posted on Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:53:21 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > USE_EXPAND are global by definition. We ought fight with the abuse of
4 > USE_EXPAND rather than make another abuse legitimate. Especially that
5 > you're going to increase a lot of new variables quickly for no really
6 > good reason.
7
8 Well, USE flags are global by definition, unless set differently in
9 package.use, as well.
10
11 And if pacho's single VIRTUAL use-expand variable idea is taken, that's
12 only one instead of the many in my proposal.
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman