From: Viktor Lakics <lakicsv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [Re: [gentoo-dev] CD-RW devfs]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 05:35:48
1 Dear Hendrik,
2
3 NOw I am confused. Do I need to have SCSI cdrom support in the kernel? I only
4 have ide-scsi, scsi generic and ide-cd compiled as modules. I thought I only
5 need SCSI cdrom support if I have a REAL scsi device...
6
7 What is EXACTLY the minimum set of IDE and scsi option then what I need
8 in the kernel in ordrt to use my cdrw to write and to use it as a cdrom as
9 well (meaning mounting CDs and reading them)?!
12 Appreciate you answer...
13
14 Viktor
15