From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Web Application installations
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:35:02
1 Robin H.Johnson wrote: [Wed Jul 23 2003, 04:31:52AM EDT]
2 > After the 1.4 release (maybe before, depending on how busy I am with
3 > work), there will be a migration of all web applications to install
4 > somewhere like /usr/share/webapp/${P} (maybe ${PF})
5
6 This doesn't sound right to me since /usr should be mountable read-only.
7 Don't many/most web applications need to be able to write to their
8 installation area? I personally like the Debian solution of /var/www
9
10 Aron
13 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list