From: Lars Strojny <lars@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] the default FETCHCOMMAND with broken ssl certificates
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:29:18
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 11:46:39PM +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
4 [...]
5 > It is usually not a problem for users because the file gets mirrored but
6 > when doing version bumps I come across this again. As a solution I added
7 > - --no-check-certificate to my FETCHCOMMAND so this will not bother me
8 > again.
9 > So what about adding this as the default for everyone? The verification
10 > of the download is done on our side so we don't really need the ssl
11 > certificate checking and it would probably be (very?) little faster
12 > without checking. It could also prevent a couple of bug reports from the
13 > users in the future.
14
15 Would be sensible. Also it would make sense to add --user-agent="Whatever"
16 to the default configuration, because there are some mirrors of free
17 software which do not like interacting with a client with an empty user-
18 agent string.
19
20 Greets, Lars
21 --
22 name: Lars Strojny web: http://strojny.net
23 street: Yorckstrasse 22 blog: http://usrportage.de
24 city: D-71636 Ludwigsburg mail/jabber: lars@×××××××.net
25 f-print: 6663 1055 543E 3106 3FD3 4F40 AC74 CD1F C327 14BD
26 break your gentoo: http://www.breakmygentoo.net