From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: --as-needed to default LDFLAGS (Was: RFC: Should preserve-libs be enabled by default?)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 23:16:38
1 On Sat, 31 May 2008 01:08:21 +0200
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Except that Paludis is fine with --as-needed.
4 >
5 > Ok, then everything in the tree is covered and we can move to having
6 > --as-needed as default.
7
8 Is the next version of everything in the tree covered? Have you made
9 sure that software isn't merely working by fluke? Is Gentoo really that
10 desperate to turn everyone into a ricer?
11
12 I'd bet you could get a pretty long way by shoving -ffast-math into
13 CFLAGS by default before anyone would notice...
16 Ciaran McCreesh