From: Tom Martin <slarti@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UTF-8 encoding and file format of manuals
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:07:41
1 On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:08:54 +0200
2 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thursday 01 June 2006 20:19, Jan Kundrát wrote:
5 > > Wiktor Wandachowicz wrote:
6 > > > Summing up:
7 > > > * UTF-8 manuals: good or bad?
8 > >
9 > > The Only Way To Go (tm), IMHO. Let's let the legacy encodings die
10 > > in piece.
11 >
12 > Would it be possible to do automatic detection and unicode conversion
13 > in the portage install stage? I think that would probably be the best
14 > option. At a later stage a simple detection and warning might be
15 > sufficient.
18 I'd imagine that glep31check could be easily adapted to do this.
21 Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
22 AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, vim, recruiters
23 Gentoo Linux
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list