From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Mass last-riting of x86-but-not-amd64 packages
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 20:57:00
1 On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 10:03:47 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > dev-games/flinker
5
6 This builds and starts on amd64 but I'm dubious about whether it would
7 work correctly in practise. I don't imagine anyone will want to use it.
8 Best just let it die.
9
10 > dev-games/gtkradiant
11
12 This has been superseded a few times over and the current fork is
13 NetRadiant-custom. There is an open bug about the older NetRadiant but
14 I only dabbled in Quake mapping so never cared enough.
15
16 https://bugs.gentoo.org/352981
17
18 > dev-games/hlsdk
19
20 This is a remnant of the Half-Life server stuff that vapier removed in
21 2005 with the message "valve sucks at linux". I could say more about it
22 but nobody cares.
23
24 > games-action/battalion
25 > games-action/fakk2
26 > games-action/postalplus
27 > games-arcade/epiar
28 > games-arcade/gunocide2ex
29 > games-emulation/mekanix
30 > games-fps/aaut
31 > games-fps/industri
32 > games-fps/red-blue-quake2
33 > games-fps/tenebrae
34 > games-fps/tribes2
35 > games-fps/unreal-tournament-strikeforce
36 > games-fps/ut2003-bonuspack-cm
37 > games-fps/ut2003-bonuspack-de
38 > games-fps/ut2003-bonuspack-epic
39 > games-fps/wolfgl
40 > games-misc/c++robots
41 > games-roguelike/hengband
42 > games-server/bf1942-lnxded
43 > games-server/mtavc
44 > games-strategy/mindrover-demo
45 > games-strategy/netpanzer
46
47 I'll try to look through some of these. I still care about UT and even
48 worked on (but didn't finish) a new UT99 ebuild not so long ago.
49 Unfortunately it's never been a top priority.
50
51 > sys-fs/atari-fdisk
52
53 This is still usable on m68k, which is the Atari's own architecture.
54 The code assumes 32-bit longs so it won't work on 64-bit but it
55 probably wouldn't be that hard to fix if someone cared enough. I'm
56 interested in m68k but for the Amiga rather than the Atari. I'm not
57 sure how useful this is in practise. On the Amiga, I would still use
58 the AmigaOS partitioning tool over something like this. There is no
59 replacement for the Atari on Linux as far as I can see though so I
60 think it should stay.
63 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
64 Gentoo Linux Developer