From: Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Locale check in python_pkg_setup()
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 03:15:42
On 07/30/10 01:16, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
> We received too many invalid bugs caused by unsupported locales. python_pkg_setup() needs to check > locale and print error (using eerror(), without die()), when unsupported locale has been detected.
ewarn then instead of eerror - both are nicely visible, and you're actually *warning* against potential issues.
> + eerror "See for > information on how to fix locale."
I'm with Brian on this one - my locale (C/POSIX) is not broken, it's the code that has bugs. Can you please change wording here to read something along "... for information on switching to Unicode locale." instead of suggesting that users locale is broken. -- Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael at> key id: 0xF6A80E46 desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Locale check in python_pkg_setup() Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>