From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestions for /etc/profile
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:46:18
1 fre 2001-11-16 klockan 17.32 skrev Tom von Schwerdtner:
2 > Hey all,
3 >
4 > Just a few suggestions.
5 >
6 > 1- add '-i' aliases. I think its better to have to specify -f to force than
7 > to have to remember -i to ask before removing something.
8 >
9 > 2- Freebsd always has 'ls -A' for root (meaning root 'ls' always shows
10 > hidden files). I think this is a nice touch.
11 > 3- Also (iirc) from BSD, 'rmold' removes all vim and emacs temp files. Just
12 > nice to have. I forget the alias...and I forget what emacs temp files look
13 > like....so someone else will have to give an example.
14
15 Emacs backup-files looks like
16 file~
17 and autosaves like
18 #file#
19
20 Regards,
21 Mikael Hallendal
25 Mikael Hallendal
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
27 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden