From: "Robin H.Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] CFLAGS Builder
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 06:21:11
1 Greetings,
2
3 Just a quick announcement about a new mini-project to write a little
4 application to work out the correct stable CFLAGS for your system from
5 /proc/cpuinfo and a few other sources of information.
6
7 Please visit this webpage and fill in the form.
8 http://gentoo.slinky.surrey.sfu.ca/cflagcollect/
9
10 For the moment, I am collecting some information so that the application
11 will work on ALL systems, including those with unusual configurations.
12 For this to work, I would like everybody to go to the webpage, and fill
13 it in for all of your systems. There is a perl script on the page if you
14 want to automate the process more. You can run the script as
15 './submit.pl EMAILADDRESS'.
16
17 If I get enough data, In a week or two I hope to have the initial
18 testing release of the CFLAGS builder available.
21 Robin Hugh Johnson
22 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
23 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
24 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
25 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85