From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRc-0.12 and gentoo-oldnet-0.1 keywording question
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 22:00:01
1 On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 12:44 AM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > one thing that is going to be different about OpenRc-0.12 is the oldnet
5 > scripts (net.* and /lib*/rc/net/*) are going to be split out into their
6 > own package, gentoo-oldnet-0.1. This will be brought in by a pdepend
7 > initially to make sure everyone who doesn't have newnet gets the
8 > package.
9
10 Hi,
11
12 I do understand why Roy refer this as oldnet... but why in Gentoo do
13 we keep the term old? The functionality of these script is huge, and
14 is better than most distros out there. Do we want keep users out of
15 it? are we going to obsolete this huge work? If we don't I suggest to
16 remove the 'old' implication, to something like openrc-gentoo-net.
17
18 Regards,
19 Alon Bar-Lev.