From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: The Age of the Universe
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 05:57:10
1 Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2
3 > we're understaffed, partly - and this is my very personal opinion - the
4 > problem is that releasing with GCC 4.x has been rushed
5
6 I'd have to agree with you on that. I understand the appeal of exciting
7 press releases but there were over 75 GCC 4.1 bugs still open for
8 problems in *~arch* when the decision was made to go stable. Even now
9 there's more than 50 left, with an equal and growing number of stable bugs.
10
11 On the other hand, the (misinformed?) perception that Gentoo was
12 trailing further and further behind the other distros in terms of
13 version numbers had been raised more than a couple times in the last six
14 months, so i can see the reasoning behind wanting to make a statement.
15
16 --de.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list