From: warnera6 <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:44:02
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:19:43 +0200 Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | What about !arch or something (to connect with the one reply to the
5 > | summary thread) to really indicate unstable on that arch? Should
6 > | cover those things that sorda work on the arch, but you rather want
7 > | developers or experienced users that can patch bugs to look at it ...
8 >
9 > Those go in per-profile package.masks. It's more flexible than a
10 > keyword.
11 >
12 Speaking of flexabilty, are there tools out there to perform look-ups
13 into p.masks to figure out why things are masked? There seems to be a
14 standard format to the file although the part at the beginning kind of
15 throws off a simpler regex. Flexability is good sure, but I would think
16 a developer needs to easily determine why something is pmasked ( broken,
17 "testing", security, removal, etc... ) and keywords do that a lot faster
18 than searching through a pmask file. If the searching is sped up via a
19 better format and a searching tool then all the better, yes?
20
21 The other thing being a keyword is right in the ebuild where pmask
22 status is in package.mask. I am not for putting pmask status in the
23 ebuild though, as that is not necessary, once again a tool problem :/
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list