From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: app-arch/unar
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 12:03:12
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm no longer interested in maintaining app-arch/unar.
4
5 It's an archive unpacker written in objective C, which makes it
6 dependency-heavy (particularly requires gcc compiled with objc).
7 I originally got interested because it was the only free unpacker
8 capable of handling modern rar archives. However libarchive does that
9 these days, so I don't see a strong need for unar any more.
10
11 There's a bump request, but upstream changed the code structure and
12 separated out a library, so it's not completely straightforward:
13 https://bugs.gentoo.org/702024
14
15 If you're interested please add yourself to metadata.xml and remove me,
16 if noone picks it up I'll make it maintainer-needed in a few days.
19 Hanno Böck
20 https://hboeck.de/