From: jano <jano@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] minor problems with _rc6
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 19:02:09
1 I can answer one of the questions :)
2
3 > 5) I can't find any way to get the aliases in /etc/profile to be
4 > recognized when starting an xterm window under xfce. I've tried
5 > adding a ~/.bashrc that does source /etc/profile. I've added --login
6 > to both the startxfce and xfterm scripts. Nothing. If I enter ls, no
7 > colorization. If I manually source /etc/profile, then ls works with
8 > colorization. What am I missing?
9
10 .bashrc is read when you su without -; otherwise, you need a .bash_profile.
11
12 But why /etc/profile isn't being read is weird.. it should.
13
14 Hope that helps,
15 jano
19 > TIA