From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Python 2.7.4, 3.2.4, 3.3.1 updates
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 21:04:48
1 I will be adding these versions to the tree over the next few days,
2 initially masked. The 2.7 and 3.2 bumps should be nothing major, but
3 better safe then sorry. Please give them a try if you have time. We
4 should be able to unmask these pretty quickly.
5
6 One question for the community: Does anyone have a strong objection to
7 using EAPI 5 in the Python 2.7.4 ebuild? If so, I would like to know
8 your reasons. This seems like a good opportunity to add slot operator
9 deps and remove some prefix workarounds. We can keep an old ebuild
10 around to facilitate upgrades if we need to.
11
12 We (the python team) still need to work out a plan for unmasking 3.3.
13 That will happen in the next few weeks I imagine.