From: Gregorio Guidi <greg_g@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: qt.eclass
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 20:32:45
1 On Saturday 02 July 2005 22:09, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > On Saturday 02 July 2005 22:41, Gregorio Guidi wrote:
3 > [...]
4 >
5 > > An application based on Qt4 should look just like this:
6 > >
7 > > inherit qt4
8 > >
9 > > HOMEPAGE=...
10 > > SRC_URI=...
11 > > ...
12 >
13 > [...]
14 >
15 > > This proposal is meant for Qt, but it should be read as a proposal for
16 > > both Qt and KDE: we can have a kde4.eclass and a kde4-info.eclass that
17 > > work in the same way.
18 >
19 > I know you know this, but for other readers, this is exactly the design of
20 > the current kde.eclass+kde-functions.eclass :-) At least it was until they
21 > gathered up a huge amount of special cases and backward support.
22
23 Exactly, in fact this should be reassumed also as "kde eclass started from
24 scratch, without the evil need-kde()" :)
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list