From: Einar Karttunen <ekarttun@×××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] IRC on install CD
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:28:04
1 On 10.06 12:45, Wout Mertens wrote:
2 > Here's an interesting idea I heard on IRC (from kraylus): provide a
3 > console-based IRC client on the install CD so you can immediately chat on
4 > #gentoo for install problems. (with a little entry in install.txt that
5 > explains how to use it)
6 Sounds like a nice idea.
7
8 > Only, I don't know anything about console-based IRC apps, so I wouldn't
9 > know which one is best. pmjorange suggested irssi.
10
11 irssi of course :-)
12
13 It seems that the most popular text mode irc-clients are
14 irssi, bitchx and epic/ircii. Both irssi and bitchx offer
15 more features than epic/ircii. Bitchx is two times larger
16 than irssi.
17
18 Of course the best approach would be customisable install CDs so that
19 we can have irssi and vi on the install CD and not annoy the users
20 with a different taste.
21
22 - Einar Karttunen