From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metadata.xml un<herd/>-ization, v2
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 18:28:48
1 Dnia 2014-12-09, o godz. 18:59:22
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >>>>> On Tue, 9 Dec 2014, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >
6 > > That is *precisely the goal* of this. We scratch <herd/> and
7 > > <project/>, and just use well-supported <maintainer/> tag. type=""
8 > > is entirely optional, unobtrusive and backwards-compatible with
9 > > existing apps. And yes, with just <maintainer/> tag the rule in bug
10 > > assignment is always to the first entry.
11 >
12 > This still means that you either
13 > - duplicate in every package dir information that is also maintained
14 > elsewhere, like mapping from herd or project name to its e-mail
15 > address, or
16 > - need to do reverse mapping, e.g. from the e-mail address to the
17 > project's name.
18
19 Sure. But usually the e-mail address is more useful than the project
20 name. Plus, it's unique so we can use it to identify projects without
21 having to really care about names, project page addresses etc. E-mail
22 is the common denominator between all different maintainer types.
25 Best regards,
26 Michał Górny