From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] From [gentoo-dev] Arches marking ebuilds stable before maintainer
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:22:25
1 On Sun, 2004-06-20 at 19:36 -0400, Travis Tilley wrote:
2 > uhhh.... right. who died and made you -GOD-? if you dont fix a bug personally,
3 > someone else will. and some other dev will commit it (like me). and you will
4 > bitch, of course, since we touched your ebuilds. but jesus... to threaten
5 > someone with a broken stable by refusing to care. *shakes head*
6
7 No, you are forcing us not to care, because we will get those bugs & we
8 do. And that is only because certain 'arch maintainers' move things to
9 stable that are not.
10 And the whole herds deal got instated because control is needed by a
11 group of people, we're not in the time anymore that everybody touched
12 every other ebuild. And actually amd64 has already proven over time that
13 their fixes broke other arches : remember gtkmm & related packages
14 (#44409), again here the gnome team reacted in time to prevent it from
15 becoming a big problem. So as far as package maintenance goes, i do
16 prefer _all_ changes to be at least relayed to the relevant herd(s).
17 Arches adding fixes for all arches without the maintaining herd knowing,
18 no please not.
19
20 - foser
21
22 PS. Again you attack me personally, I would prefer if you could keep it
23 more professional. I don't need you to like me, but I do deserve your
24 respect.