From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Are tags just sets?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:41:27
1 On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:02:57 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > First, standardise sets. We probably want to go with a format along
5 > the lines of:
6 >
7 > eapi = 4
8 > description = Monkeys
9
10 A 'type' field would be useful as well, to support various kinds of
11 package sets (much like portage handles currently).
12
13 > dev-monkey/howler
14 > dev-monkey/spider
15 > >=dev-monkey/spanky-2.0
16 > dev-monkey/squirrel
17
18 We'd either want to add || ( ) here, or somehow explicitly specify that
19 this is a one-of set.
20
21 > Second, make a bunch of sets named kde-tag, editors-tag, xml-tag,
22 > monkeys-tag etc.
23
24 I'd go with prefix, not suffix. Should be easier group them together
25 then.
26
27 > Disadvantages: doesn't use some horribly convoluted system of XML,
28 > wikis and web 2.0.
29
30 And introduces another dedicated file format the PM has to implement
31 from scratch.
34 Best regards,
35 Michał Górny