From: chip33az@××××××××.net
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Hello
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:23:56
1 I don't know if you are the right person, or if there are FAQs somewhere, but I seem to be stuck with my PCMCIA controller.
2
3 I was able to get to stage 3 using the CD, and then compiled the kernel without any problems and made sure to have PCMCIA support. However, when I got to code listing 34 (well, right before it), it states:
4
5 If you have a PCMCIA card installed, have a quick look into /etc/init.d/pcmcia to verify that things seem all right for your setup, then add Code listing 34
6
7 The /etc/init.d/pcmcia is blank, and I didn't know what to add to it. I have continued on, but have no networking support.
8
9 Could you point me in the right direction to add networking support? I am looking forward to trying out this distribution.
10
11 Thank you.
12
13 Chip