From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug queue size over time
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 04:25:37
1 On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:33:11 -0700
2 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Is it possible to get graphs of bugs.g.o bug queue size for certain
5 > query (e.g. by assignee) over time?
6 >
7 > Best,
8 > Paweł
11 The *data* is there to do it, but its a bit of a pain, you have to
12 extract all the individual "changed" events and then use that to reason
13 about each individual bugs state at a given time, and use *that* to
14 deduce how many open bugs there *were* at a historical moment.
15
16 And that's a lot of painful queries for the REST API.
17
18 I've done something like this before with Perl bugs[1], but again, very
19 painful, slow and time consuming.
20
21 This sort of thing would be *much* easier if we could have direct bulk
22 access to the underlying MYSQL store, but that's a tricky thing to do because:
23
24 1. Its MySQL
25 2. Some bugs have visibility restrictions that have to be factored for
26
27 ----
28
29 Note: these pages are very browser taxing:
30
31 1: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mm8iYE77SRh-q2jOfKNSWHUetswEABJawp-94UyTHio/edit?usp=sharing