From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] KDE needs your help
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 12:29:22
1 The KDE team is still grossly understaffed. Most of the long term developers on the
2 team are either gone or inactive, and the ones still working on it really need help.
3 Bugs are piling up, patches are waiting, and package versions need bumped. I
4 simply don't have the time to keep up with it anymore. I've been doing this for
5 over 4 years now, and my interests have shifted to other things.
6
7 If you are already a developer and can help the team, please feel free to join. If
8 you are a user who wants to help, becoming active in the forums and with open bugs
9 reports is a good way to get yourself noticed. It would be nice to get some more
10 people brought on as developers who can help keep the KDE team active and alive as
11 the 4.0 release draws closer. I would hate to see Gentoo dropping KDE all together
12 because nobody has the time to maintain it.
13
14 Thank you.
15
16 ps - please don't e-mail me and ask me how you can become a developer. There are
17 official channels for this, and if you aren't aware of them, you aren't yet ready to
18 go down that road :)
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list