From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: Anthony Gorecki <anthony@××××××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage 2.0.51 comments/questions
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 02:43:59
1 Anthony Gorecki wrote:
2 > On Monday 27 September 2004 7:14 pm, Mike Frysinger wrote:
3 >
4 >>latest .51 has been getting a lot of lock work; update to rc6 and see if
5 >>it's fixed
8 > Unfortunately, I can't upgrade portage-- or anything else. Every emerge
9 > request fails with a locking error.
10 >
11 > I'll revert to a local distfiles directory later tonight, which will hopefully
12 > solve the problem until the locking issues are resolved.
16 Run the emerge, then in another terminal (while portage is still
17 running), rm /usr/portage/distfiles/.lock/*
18
19 That should let it proceed.
20
21 Steve