From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New eclass: autotools-multilib-minimal
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:03:42
1 On 24/02/13 16:17, hasufell wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > On 02/24/2013 11:11 AM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
6 >> On 24/02/2013 11:06, Michał Górny wrote:
7 >>> Then don't put 'autotools' in the name.
8 >>
9 >> +1
12 > That would be multilib-minimal.eclass then?
13
14 Sounds good to me.
15
16 > ABCD also suggested something else:
17 > autotools-multilib.eclass -> autotools-utils-multilib.eclass
18
19 This makes sense too, autotools-multilib.eclass is misleading as it
20 embeds the "unrelated" autotools-utils.eclass
21
22 So it seems currently that some are against this eclass, some are
23 against the whole idea and favour multilib-portage, some are against
24 using autotools-utils.eclass for this, ...
25 Some people are already committing the eclass version changes/fixes to
26 tree, some are filing bug reports about bugs caused by it, ...
27
28 It would be nice if people agreed but I guess that is not happening, so
29 i'll be pushing this eclass to tree under name 'multilib-minimal.eclass'
30 if I don't hear compelling arguments for not doing so, or in case you
31 push it before me
32
33 - Samuli