From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gcc-4.4 unmasking soon
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 21:35:52
1 James Cloos wrote:
2 > Nikos> I see that the "graphite" USE flag is disabled by default.
3 > Nikos> Are there any known issues with this new optimizer?
4 > It looks like debian has it enabled in their gcc-4.4 packages, and
5 > I've not found any problems on deb boxen (32 and 64 bit systems on
6 > modern chips) either.
7 > The USE flag probably ought to be +.
8
9 I'd like to remind that we can't add EAPI's to system pkgs since it
10 would break the upgrading path.
11
12 If it works well, it should likely go in without USE flag...
13
14 -Samuli