From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Training points for users interested in helping out with ebuild development
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 16:44:24
1 Arttu V. wrote:
2 > On 5/7/09, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3 >> There's no reason that can't be done via email, and throwing in
4 >> some live commit feed action might make it a bit interesting. =:^)
5 >
6 > I'm sensing a sort of a "patches welcome" attitude from the crowd,
7 > i.e., not falling for a hard sell of just the idea. And as it stands,
8 > they may also be familiar with your emails from, e.g., gentoo-user
9 > list? :)
10 >
11 > Maybe you have to prove the functionality of your email-based
12 > processes over irc-oriented ones by, e.g., forking gentoo into
13 > duncantoo (or whatever, duncantoo.org appears to be available) and
14 > running things successfully on email for a while? ;)
15 >
16 Oh good lord, what have I started here... I can see that being as
17 successful as the Norweigan referee in last nights Chelsea v Barcelona game