From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unmasking packages (was Gentoo's problems)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:12:05
1 Stuart Longland wrote:
2 > Portage itself, does take a long time to load its libraries. I'm yet to
3 > try Paludis (I'm one of the few MIPS devs that doesn't use it yet), but
4 > do hear good things about it. Perhaps some of the concepts used in
5 > Paludis could be applied in portage, in order to speed up performance
6 > when searching or querying?
7
8 I'd advise everybody to try paludis and pkgcore to see how the
9 alternatives are faring, I must say that I'm quite surprised by how fast
10 they are.
11
12 lu
13 --