From: Marko Mikulicic <marko@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] doinst recursive?
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:41:55
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 >>I was wondering if switching to CVS would only update the ebuilds or
3 >>also update (relax) the maskings. In other words, it is safe to
4 >> sync the portage tree with gentoo cvs ?
7 > Yep. The anoncvs and rsync servers return exactly the same files.
8
9 So, if I did emerge rsync and the acroread bug was still there,
10 the bug was obviously not fixed (or I didn't get the last release).
11 The bug fixes should differ in -r? .
12
13 The revision I have is acroread-5.05-r3.ebuild.
14
15 It contains the following code snippet:
16
17 for i in Browsers Reader Resource
18 do
19 insinto ${INSTALLDIR}
20 doins ${i}/*
21 done
22
23 It should copy recursively the Browser, Reader and Resource
24 subdirectories in ${INSTALLDIR}, but instead a warning is issued.
25 (reasonable, since it uses "/bin/install" and it doesn't copy recursively).
26
27 I have fixed it adding:
28
29 cp -r Browsers Reader Resource ${D}/${INSTALLDIR}
30
31 just below.
32
33 Can you explain me why is preferred to use doins instead of cp ...
34 ${D}/${INSTALLDIR}? If I have sources of a package it is safe to use a
35 "emake install" (configuring it previously with something like
36 --prefix=${D}/usr) ?