From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Addressing split usage of USE=gles[123]
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 16:45:42
1 On 11/20/19 10:32 PM, Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier wrote:
2 >
3 > To reflect this I think the "gles[123]" USE flags should be renamed,
4 > first kind to "gles[123]support" and second kind to "gles[123]only".
5 > Might also be the time to globalize them? I'm not sure but I think that
6 > would help in signalling which USE flags are to be used in packages.
7 > (and I'm probably not the only one which tends to only put global USE
8 > flags in make.conf, this kind of USE flags being the reason)
11 +1 for making them consistent, but...
12
13 Setting USE flags globally has never worked, despite portage encouraging
14 you to do it. Better to set them in package.use, because whether we
15 admit it or not, the meaning of every USE flag is local.