From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New PDEPEND behaviour.
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:24:36
1 Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > As a result of bug #180045 PDEPENDs can be now merged even before the package
5 > that pulls them. Zmedico says that's intended behaviour and PDEPEND is really
6 > a RDEPEND, but with a ability to resolve circular deps:
7 > circular DEPEND <-> RDEPEND can't be resolved while circular DEPEND <->
8 > PDEPEND can.
9 > Random behaviour occurs when there is a circular RDEPEND <-> PDEPEND, e.g. bug
10 > #186517.
11 >
12 > We need to update docs or harass zmedico to force PDEPEND to be pulled as soon
13 > as possible but not before the pkg that pulls it.
16 Actually in a follow up...
17
18 I've read the bugs you've referenced and it just sounds like a bug in
19 the Paludis ebuilds not having the proper depends.
20
21 This e-mail was just some fear mongering on behalf of Paludis devs.
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list