From: Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: implementation details for GLEP 41
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:39:51
1 On Sunday 20 November 2005 06:49 am, Lares Moreau wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 04:29 -0700, Duncan wrote:
3 > > If the capacity is there, go RAID6 (dual parity RAID5, so two drives can
4 > > drop out without the thing dieing) with a hot-spare as well, so
5 > > threex146GB usable.
6 >
7 > Is RAID6 production ready?
8
9 If you are running HP equipment they have been doing it for years, calling it
10 RAID ADG (advanced data guarding iirc). I've setup all of my servers as RAID
11 ADG plus a hot spare to compensate for their disk failure rate.
12
13 -C
16 Corey Shields
17 Gentoo Linux Infrastructure Team