From: Allen D Parker <allenp@×××.org>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] strange gentoo shutdown sequence
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 08:50:40
1 We can actually probably do this in bash fairly simply (although unless
2 each service is started in sequence or in a seperate shellspace, it might
3 be a problem) parallel start + bash variables = nastiness.
4
5 for each initscript SVCNAME="apache2"
6 then in the actual runscript, something like this would do just fine
7 (imho) for 99% of what would need to be supported:
8
9 SVCHOME=`whereis ${SVCNAME} | cut -d " " -f 2`
10 if ${SVCNAME} != `ps aux | grep ${SVCHOME}`; then
11 /etc/init.d/${SVCNAME} zap &&
12 /etc/init.d/${SVCNAME} start
13 else
14 SVC_STATUS="alive"
15 fi
16
17 Allen Parker
18 (temporarily off my windows box :( i borked my raid firmware last night)
19