From: Todd Wright <wylie@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Is there a process for marking ebuilds stable?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:08:26
1 > Which leads me into another problem; currently there are no official
2 > maintainers for a large number of the ebuilds in the tree.
3 > This prevents
4 > the above from being doable; no one is around to represent
5 > and vouch for
6 > the functionality of those ebuilds, just the bug reporting system.
7
8 To add my 2 cents worth on this point... even when there is a maintainer, the dev team are reluctant to believe them when they vouch for the ebuild or package and would prefer to modify the ebuilds without any reasonable knowledge of the package and the impacts that those modifications may have. I had a lot of trouble getting the dev team to place my unmodified hercules-2.17.1 ebuild in the portage tree, despite the fact that I am involved with the hercules development team. The gentoo developers seem to have a 'we know better than you' attitude.
9
11 / \ ICQ: 9589981 YIM: mvs38j
12 \_.--._* <--- http://www.geekasylum.org/~wylie/
13 v Mobile: +61-403-796-001 Ph: +61-2-9699-1746
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list