From: tadpol@××××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xfree86 4.1.0 ebuild
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:21:07
1 On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 03:26:27PM +0000, Joe Bormolini wrote:
2 > Someone came into #gentoo last night saying when trying to merge xfree86
3 > 4.1.0, somehow the flag -march=1 got passed to gcc instead of
4 > -march=pentiumpro. Last night I went to build 4.1.0 and had the same
5 > problem. I cannot for the life of me figure out why -march=pentiumpro turns
6 > into march=1. The person on irc also mentioned that changing it to pentium
7 > allowed it to build.
8
9 I'm seeing this as well in 4.0.3. from what I can tell, *any* thing you
10 try to make that uses Imake (and xmkmf) has this problem. (try to build
11 media-gfx/xfig for example. You get the same errors.)
14 Michael Tilstra tadpol@××××××.org
15 The sum of the intelligence on a planet is a constant; the population is
16 growing.