From: Stephen Bennett <spb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] crap use flags in the profiles
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:27:57
1 On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:45:24 -0400
2 Olivier Crete <tester@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > You are comparing apples and oranges.. Most of the herd devs only have
5 > x86 and are not able to test amd64. That's the main difference.
6
7 Most of the mips devs only have 64-bit big endian SGI hardware, and
8 aren't able to test on little-endian systems. Endianness issues are at
9 least as big a problem as 64-bit issues when porting software.
10
11 > And I dont think the QA is worst on x86.. Most herd devs are on x86
12 > and its their responsability to do their QA. I've seen many horrible
13 > ebuilds done by ppc people too.
14
15 QA needs more than just the ebuilds not to suck. It needs someone
16 making sure that the current stable versions of various packages play
17 nicely together; see Ciaran's mail.
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list