From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Planning for the transition to EAPI="1" support
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 23:48:28
1 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> posted 4705654D.7090102@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:12:29 -0700:
3
4 > Due to popular demand, I'm preparing a sys-apps/portage-2.1.3.12 release
5 > that will have support for EAPI="1". The extensions planned for
6 > inclusion are SLOT dependencies (#174405), IUSE defaults (#174410), and
7 > ECONF_SOURCE support for the default src_compile function (#179380).
8
9 What about news? It has been implemented but ran into a bug (portage
10 hadn't fully implemented the news reader, IIRC) the first time someone
11 tried to actually deploy it. Is that too controversial or has portage
12 still no full implementation?
13
14 I'm sure you've not forgotten about it and not pressin' if it's not
15 ready, as I agree with the "release early, release often" idea, just
16 askin', as I've not seen anything on it in awhile and as a user, the
17 feature would be nice to have. =8^)
18
19 Or is it part of API-0 now, and implemented, just not yet used?
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list