From: Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Slotted Lua: eclass migration status
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2020 19:10:17
1 Let me begin by giving my sincere thanks to everyone who has already
2 taken time in the last several weeks to either migrate their
3 Lua-dependent packages to lua{,-single}.eclass or otherwise made sure
4 said packages will not block migration to slotted dev-lang/lua. Your
5 efforts have been VERY much appreciated!
6
7 On the less positive side, the slotted-Lua tracker bug [1] has still got
8 119 open "migrate to lua eclasses" tickets attached to it. You can find
9 the complete list at [2]. While the migration of some of depends on
10 various Lua modules which have not themselves been migrated (from a
11 glance at the dependency tree, it seems dev-lua/lpeg and
12 dev-lua/LuaBitOp are the ones we need the most urgently), the vast
13 majority of these packages depend on dev-lang/lua only i.e. could
14 already be migrated.
15
16 [1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/657722
17 [2] https://dev.gentoo.org/~marecki/open_lua_eclass_bugs-20201128184637.txt
20 MS

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature