From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 08:17:22
1 On Friday 02 June 2006 00:33, Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> said:
3 > > If you have something you'd wish for us to chat about, maybe even
4 > > vote on, let us know ! Simply reply to this e-mail for the whole
5 > > Gentoo dev list to see.
6 >
7 > As I requested in an earlier email, I would like it to be discussed how
8 > we want to handle alternative package managers. The GLEPs both touch on
9 > the issue, but if neither of those proposals are liked, then we are
10 > still left not knowing what to do.
11 >
12 > Here is my original email:
13 > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/38231
14 >
15 > As I said in my email, I want there to be a discussion (and hopefully a
16 > decision) as to whether or not adding these packages to *our* tree is
17 > best for us and our users. In my opinion, it seems to make the most
18 > sense for alternative package managers to be hosted on their own
19 > infrastructure so they are free to introduce new features and write
20 > ebuilds to take advantage of those features.
21 >
22 > If it is required for me to be present at the meeting to discuss this (I
23 > don't believe I have to be), then could whoever does the scheduling get
24 > in touch with me, because it will be difficult for me to be here during
25 > the day since I just started a new job.
26
27 I support this request, and in return am willing to incorporate suggestions by
28 the council into my GLEP.
29
30 Paul
33 Paul de Vrieze