From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Open Build Service
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 01:48:03
Hi Michał,

On 11/11/2017 08:09 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
> You've put a lot of theory in here but not really a single sentence > on what needs to be done. I'm aware that some people used to be working > on adding some OBS ebuilds to Gentoo but I've no clue about their goal. > > Long story short, if it requires changes to the ebuild format, then you > have to list them and convince us. If it doesn't, then you are free to > play with OBS any way you like.
I'll review what will need to be done for the integration. The only feature that would be useful for now is emerge obtaining the precompiled binary packages to install in containers/VMs from http rather than nfs[1]. But I'll do a first code review for the integration and then I'll come back to give the feedback supported by code snippets. [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide