From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Beyond the users, doing a developer census
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:49:14
1 While we can't get every single Gentoo user out there to participate in
2 a survey, we should be able to get much better results out of taking a
3 census of the developers (and hopefully some of the ex-developers as
4 well).
5
6 To that end, beyond the user survey questions thread, I'd like to hear
7 suggestions for questions specifically aimed at developers. This would
8 also be a much stricter one dev one set of results (no multiple entries,
9 probably defended in some fashion similar to the voting).
10
11 Wishlist for a developer census:
12
13 Demographics:
14 - marital status
15 - ages of children?
16 - profession
17 - When did you join/leave Gentoo (we don't have this info for some devs)
18
19 About working on Gentoo and Linux:
20 - Are you specifically paid to work on Gentoo?
21 - Do you spend some paid time on Gentoo anyway?
22 - Employer (if the above questions are yes)
23 - Do you get paid to work on Linux / use linux at work (if
24 negative to Gentoo)
25 - How much time do you spend working on Gentoo?
28 Robin Hugh Johnson
29 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
30 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
31 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85