From: Brian Harring <bdharring@××××.edu>
To: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge improvment
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:49:55
1 On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 05:41 PM, Luke-Jr wrote:
2
4 > Hash: SHA1
5 >
6 > I always run a 'emerge -vp' on the package before I install it to see
7 > what it
8 > depends on and what USE flags take effect on it... Works well for me.
9 > If you want a GUI, try KPortage. I believe it has an interface for USE
10 > flags...
11 I may be wrong, but I'm thinking he's basically after a textual (eg
12 ncurses) interface akin to kportage. I haven't looked at the kportage
13 code, but I'm guessing trying to abstract out the gui (so that you
14 could use say a ncurses interface) probably wouldn't be fun...
15 Any one know of an existing project/codebase that is structured this
16 way? Eg, somewhat interface agnostic? Anygui would be perfect for
17 this, exempting last I checked it was in the middle of rather large
18 changes...
19 ~bdh