From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Gentoo Wiki Project
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 17:02:59
1 On 09/04/2010 13:38, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 9 April 2010 13:26, Guy Fontaine<guy.fontaine@××××××××××××.ca> wrote:
3 >> There are things I know about Gentoo Linux and I'm pleased to share my knowledge with others as well as I'm glad to learn from others. I'm not a Gentoo dev and I neither have plan nor wish to be.
4 >>
5 >> My feeling is that Gentoo Wiki Project is just but another occasion for debating rules and politics. Reading some messages from some people I feel like I'm not welcome because I'm not a member of a group of selected people.
6 >
7 > Don't be dismayed by negative remarks, or a few naysayers who are not
8 > even part of the Gentoo Wiki Project. Any user (or dev) with
9 > constructive input is welcome. And as you volunteered, you are part of
10 > the project.
11 >
12 > Cheers,
13
14 I still dont understand people's problems with this. Several devs have
15 said they've wanted one for years, it would be a great place to review
16 documentation before going in the official documentation, it's a great
17 place to discuss and collaborate on future dev handbook pages.
18
19 The official wiki could and *should* work together with the unofficial
20 wiki because they complement eachother. The unofficial wiki isn't going
21 to want detailed OpenRC documentation and the official wiki isn't going
22 to want "how to set up FreeDOOM" on it.