From: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@×××××××.ru>
To: kfm-devel@×××.org
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Width of http://www.gentoo.org/doc/build.html
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 02:49:37
1 On Friday 14 June 2002 12:18 am, Koos Vriezen wrote:
2 |
3 | This page is rendered by khtml very wide, its hardly readable.
4 | Attached a small fragment of this page, that's already too wide. It seems
5 | to be the combination of FONT tags inside PRE tags inside a table cell.
6 | Is this a known problem?
7
8 I guess I already filed several bugs about KHTML rendering of tables.
9 Most of them already have TESTCASES (not just link to some page)
10 Pls check:
11 Table and Cell widths: Konqueror vs. Mozilla
12 http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43749.html
13 Tables: <TD width="5%"></TD> <TD width="200"></TD> rendered in a wrong way
14 http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43750.html
15 Tables: several <TD> with width in %% confuse Konqueror
16 http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43751.html
17 "BigFoot" testcase (tables have different width in Konqueror while should be
18 equal
19 http://bugs.kde.org/db/43/43752.html
20 Let's check bugs with testcases first, than there is a high chance that
21 rendering on many other sites will be fixed!
22
23 As about Gentoo - they are Linux distro, so should be familiar what HTML is,
24 and how to use Validator.
25 Simple check shows
26 http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gentoo.org%2Fdoc%2Fbuild.html&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline
27 that their web page has fatal errors.
28
29 |
30 | Regards,
31 |
32 | Koos Vriezen
36 Vadim Plessky
37 http://kde2.newmail.ru (English)
38 33 Window Decorations and 6 Widget Styles for KDE
39 http://kde2.newmail.ru/kde_themes.html
40 KDE mini-Themes
41 http://kde2.newmail.ru/themes/