From: "Piotr Jaroszyński" <peper@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ignoring/overwriting IUSE from an eclass
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 20:41:14
1 > ...yet. Past Portage releases don't have it. Future Portage releases may
2 > not. Other package managers don't. Using it at all is to intentionally
3 > screw around with things that ebuilds should not know or need to, is
4 > asking for trouble, and will have a certain group on your back as soon
5 > as they find out (not just the paludis developers either). Especially so
6 > when a correct solution has already been posted in this thread.
7 Didn't I say that's a portage specific dirty-hack and rather a curiosity?!
8 It came to my mind b/c spyderous tried setting IUSE="". It can make someone
9 read ebuild.sh code and see why that doesn't work - only better.
10
11 Why there is always *someone* who wants to win a pink elephant in the last
12 word contest?
15 Piotr Jaroszyński
16 Gentoo Developer
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list