From: Alexey Sokolov <alexey+gentoo@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: auto-CC for bugs modified via commit tags
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 18:16:52
1 25.01.2022 17:33, Sam James пишет:
4 >> On 25 Jan 2022, at 17:00, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
5 >>
6 >> Can I request that Bug: and Closes: tags in our commits automatically
7 >> CC the committer on the bug that is modified?
8 >>
9 >> Use case: I often fix (sci-*) bugs that I'm not CCed on, and a user
10 >> will leave a comment like "it still crashes on x86" that I never see.
11 >> Of course, I could manually CC myself on every bug. But that will send
12 >> everyone an extra email, and is forgettable. Plus, avoiding the manual
13 >> step is kind of the point of the automation, right?
14 >>
15 >> One potential downside is that the commit author could wind up CCed
16 >> twice via an alias, but that could be solved with a sufficiently clever
17 >> implementation. Or disregarded if it's not too much of a problem in
18 >> practice; the bugs will usually be closed, after all.
21 > I'd quite like this as I do a fair amount of drive-bys.
22
23 Yes please. There were a few cases where I broke something when trying
24 to fix something and didn't notice the report.
27 > Thanks for bringing it up.
28 >
29 > Best,
30 > sam