From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in media-gfx/inkscape: ChangeLog inkscape-0.46-r1.ebuild
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 03:53:02
1 On 3/16/08, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 21:51:12 +0100
3 > Dawid Wêgliñski <cla@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Not if COPYING file is inside $DOCS and is installed in the loop.
8 > Doing something like this would work as well (and go equally unnoticed):
9 >
10 > local DOCS="foo bar COPYING baz"
11 > dodoc ${DOCS}
12 >
13 > Using a loop in the ebuild would be a waste of time generally (dodoc
14 > will do it for you). Maybe repoman should warn against mentioning the
15 > string 'COPYING' generally? :)
16
17 And maybe repoman should do your laundry and dishes too? ;P
18
19 But seriously, the bash parsing in repoman is already shitty as hell.
20 Maybe someone should write a qa mode for ebuild.sh that enables all of
21 this crap so that we don't have to do horrible regex hacks that have
22 all kinds of edge cases ;)
23
24 That being said dev-portage typically accepts repoman patches, but I
25 know no one will submit any ;)
26
27 -Alec
31 > Kind regards,