From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage dependency solving algorithm
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 12:41:59
1 On Sat, 08 Nov 2014 22:52:24 +0100
2 Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o> wrote:
3 > So the problem is only with intervals?
4
5 No. Intervals are one of many examples.
6
7 > I would really like to see a list of them all.
8
9 That could be rather tricky... I doubt anyone has a complete list,
10 particularly since most of the crazy dependencies more or less work
11 most of the time. The way to find them is to ask every developer "have
12 you done something crazy with dependencies?", but that relies upon
13 developers recognising that trying to be clever is a bad thing.
16 Ciaran McCreesh