From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 22:57:11
1 On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 23:16:41 +0100
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > > > Because certainly
4 > > > project that is created plainly for political reasons is better.
5 > > > Because it will certainly be technically better if people have to
6 > > > focus on copying regular udev maintainers and reworking their
7 > > > changes to keep them working on forked codebase.
8 > > >
9 > > > And after all, as someone said, this will give eudev proper
10 > > > testing.
11 > > (1) It's already used by lots of people
12 > > (2) 'proper' testing? As opposed to be the default in more than a
13 > > dozen distros that have usecases you and I rarely think of?
14 >
15 > Are you really serious with those fringe distros? How many of them
16 > have a dozen users that do not happen to be developers of the distro?
17 > How many of them are actually used in production? How many of them
18 > have diverse enough userbase to prove that eudev works in different
19 > environments?
22 by that type of argument, we should really all be using android :)